The Giants are on a roll right now and for the first time this season it feels real. They are two bullpen meltdowns away from being tied for first place.
So, a couple of quick accolades:
- Austin Slater: starting left fielder…may be it so for as long as it needs to be.
- Hunter Pence: master cheerleader/pinch hitter…never thought this day would come while he was a Giant, but I kind of love it.
- The Brandon’s continue to mash: Amen and Amen.
- Madison Bumgarner is a stud: duh.
- Rookies in the rotation: 100!
- Will Smith closer: getting jiggy with that.
That last one kind of hurts to be honest. I still think the Giants force a Game 5 against the Cubs if Bochy had of stuck with Smith in that infamous 9th inning. Maybe he was already hurt. Who knows. But now, it looks like he may take the 9th and run with it. So be it.
The Giants have three games in Colorado, and then a 10 game home stand before the All Star Break. Also, we may see Samardzija and Cueto soon. Also, the trade deadline looms. There is going to be a lot to talk about this July.
After 2017, I’m all for it.