I’ve been dropping these in the comments of the last post, but thought I’d compile all the links here. Several different takes on the Beltran trade…overall most agree it was a good, had-to-be-done move but the price was high.
- McCovey says there will be a lot of freaking out but only time will tell who won the trade
- Crazy Crabbers demonstrates the Giants lost this trade from a pure numbers standpoint
- Lefty Malo loves everything about it
- OGC is bummed about losing Wheeler but like Beltran
- Splashing Pumpkins does not like the trade but is cautiously trusting Sabean’s wisdom
- BayCityBall expresses the opinion I agree with the most
- Tim Kawakami says the Giants have the made the jump to one of MLB’s big boys
- Trade Rumors notes how rare it is for a player having such a good season to be traded
- JP Morosi echo’s Kawakami’s sentiments that the Giants are now in a different echelon…dirty dozen no more!
- Fangraphs has high praise for Beltran
Just watched Jim Rome and the guest dude talked about the trade. He said we have the best pitching top to bullpen. He also said this move makes us contenders to repeat. I instantly like his analysis.
In other news, Bob Bradley…. boom.
not a soccer blog, but yeah, bradley=gone