I’ve been dropping these in the comments of the last post, but thought I’d compile all the links here. Several different takes on the Beltran trade…overall most agree it was a good, had-to-be-done move but the price was high.
- McCovey says there will be a lot of freaking out but only time will tell who won the trade
- Crazy Crabbers demonstrates the Giants lost this trade from a pure numbers standpoint
- Lefty Malo loves everything about it
- OGC is bummed about losing Wheeler but like Beltran
- Splashing Pumpkins does not like the trade but is cautiously trusting Sabean’s wisdom
- BayCityBall expresses the opinion I agree with the most
- Tim Kawakami says the Giants have the made the jump to one of MLB’s big boys
- Trade Rumors notes how rare it is for a player having such a good season to be traded
- JP Morosi echo’s Kawakami’s sentiments that the Giants are now in a different echelon…dirty dozen no more!
- Fangraphs has high praise for Beltran