– Lincecum looked good. Kershaw looked really good.
– Belt did not look like a rookie. Posey did.
– Sandoval had a couple of moments that made me say “this is a totally different player.” He had a few other moments where I thought it might have still been August 2010.
– Santiago Casilla did not inspire confidence that the bullpen can repeat last year’s performance. But, it was only one inning (sample size!).
– Every game I watch Pat Burrell play I look over at my wife at least once (probably more) and say: “I HATE Pat Burrell.” Usually, after I say this he does something beautiful (like hit a home run off Jonathan Broxton).
– No one likes to lose the first game, and no one ever wants to lose the Dodgers, but it was only one game, so no freaking out. Except for this…allow me to freak out over this: Are we really going to have to watch Tejada all season? There is no way he is the shortstop for 2011!
I feel the same about Tejada. No confidence at all, and what’s our other option? Fontenot? Can DeRosa play SS?
really it’s fontenot or minor leagues. who’s first: brandon crawford? emmanuel burris? we’ll see.
Pingback: Panic at the Frisco! « baseballmonk